I spent some time yesterday, the 14th and the morning of the 15th going through all the library files and various other system files from the Nexus One ROM and I have put together a running list of the hardware I found referenced in there. Here is what I have found so far. I will update with more as I find it. UPDATE: Snapdragon Specific Libraries found.
- Proximity Sensor/Light Sensor: Capella CM3602 per sensors.mahimahi.so in Nexus One ROM Dump.
- Accelerometer: BMA150 3-axis Accelerometer per sensors.mahimahi.so in Nexus One ROM Dump.
- Magnetic Compass: AK8973 3-axis Magnetic field sensor/AK8973 Orientation sensor per sensors.mahimahi.so in Nexus One ROM Dump.
- Wifi Radio / Bluetooth / FM: BCM4329 in lib/modules
- In libaudio.so I found “Routing audio to Speakerphone with back mic” reference.
- In libaudio.so I found “Stereo FM speaker” also referenced.
- Audience A1026 Noise Canceling Chip – No link but here is the A1024 found in libaudio.so
- Qualcomm QSD8K Specific hardware libs in lib/hw (QSD8250 Probably)
- Adreno 200 Graphics Core with OpenGLES 2.0 – Part of Snapdragon?
- Camera Info Vague, found some references to auto focus, flash, white balance and anti-banding in libcamera.so
- Synaptics Inc.’s ClearPad 2000 capacitive touch screen sensor
I am interested mostly in the BCM4329 as it has support for 802.11n and FM Tx and Rx. I’m not sure 802.11n would really be necessary, but it’s good to know it’s there, just in case someone wants exploit that. I did see a screen shot not too long ago of the Motorola Sholes with an FM software app in Android, so that is a possibility. One last thing about the camera. We know it will be at least 5MP based on the uploaded photos in Picasa. We know it has flash and autofocus, but I am not able to find a specific manufacturer or model number.
Tags: , , , , , , , ,