Today, Sprint has released a support article indicating they have a maintenance update for the Samsung Moment ready. Unfortunately, it does not include an update to the Android OS, but it does include a number of small improvements, including all the Sprint specific apps and some improvements to battery life. The bad news is you must go to a Sprint retail store with a repair center to have the update installed. But, the announcement does mention that in the future the updates will be available over the air, so this is excellent news for Android updates via the ether.
The update includes all the following changes:
|Version||Date released||Description of enhancements/fixes|
|S:M900.8.0S.CL14||1/15/2010||This update includes:
- Network Assist GPS to allow indoor location fix
- Updates to several third-party apps, including Visual Voicemail, NFL, NASCAR and Sprint TV
- Change to Emergency Dial on lock screen
- Hard reset available in recovery mode: remove and reinsert battery; press volume down, send and end keys until reboot option pops up; scroll to wipe data/factory reset; press OK
- Various improvements to battery life
** NOTE: The latest software update S:M900.8.0S.CL14 is currently only available by visiting a Sprint retail location with a Repair Center. Check our store locator to find a Repair Center location near you. We recommend you call ahead and make an appointment to avoid long lines.
The ability to download the update directly on your Moment will be available in the near future. Continue to check this webpage for further updates. **
Moment users, head on in and take the leap.
Tags: , , ,