Droid Developer has apparently gotten to have some hands on time with a new Droid hiding in the dark conference rooms of Verizon. The code name was Incredible and apparently has some really nice features and/or stats, including a Sense UI with Android 2.1.
- The phone was solid. Not light, but not really heavy, it was comfortable.
- The back was plastic metallic red.
- The screen was bright and with a nearby Samsung Behold II it was obvious the Incredible had the same 3.7″ AM-OLED screen just like the Nexus One.
- The camera was 5 mega-pixels with 2 small circles next to the lens (believed to belong to a led flash and light sensor).
- The processor was said to be 850 MHz
- Sence UI with Android 2.1
- Native Multi touch (we were told this device would also launch with Multi-touch)
- 11 possible home screens with a way to bring them up all at once in a cool iris style view
This sounds pretty nice, but I’m wondering what the actual process is. 800Mhz Snapdragon? Or something else?
The article continues by explaining that after reviewing the available memory, there was only 71MB left, which could be a sign of internal storage limitations to come. Maybe they have figured out a way to offer apps to SD out of the box.
Tags: , , , ,