Parking Spotter allows users to find and book free parking spaces, then drive to those reserved spaces in order to park their vehicles.
– near real-time parking spot availability status;
– parking spot reservation – you reserve a spot and other mobile app users won’t be able to reserve the same spot;
– notifications in case someone without the app occupies your spot – you are redirected to a nearby free place;
– incident report – you can send a picture of an accident to the parking area security personnel;
– privacy focused – all your sensitive data stays on your phone, we do not track users and we only save the minimum required data on our servers;
– GDPR compliance – when you choose to, we will delete all your data;
– Take me to my car – it is in alpha version, will be available soon.
Permissions requirements explained:
– Camera : you have the possibility to report incidents that appear to the security guard;
– Storage : cache data, temporary save the image taken with the camera when you report an incident, etc;
– Contacts : we do not read/save your contacts, but we need to check if you have a facebook account logged in on the device or if you have no accounts setup on the phone (meaning you are running an emulator – for security reasons we need to check this);
– Phone : we check your phone status because when you are in a call the app loses internet connection and if we don’t receive beacons from the app for a long time we will cancel your spot reservation – the grace period is extended when you are in a call; plus for security reasons, we need to check that the device is an actual phone, not an emulation;
– Location : our services are provided based on location;
– Other : the app needs to communicate with our servers to receive notifications and request free parking spots.
Copyright© 2017 thesearethedroids.com